Write for Us: Contributor Guidelines
Interested in guest posting for the Location Rebel blog? You’re in the right place.
But, before you get started with your pitch, there are a few guidelines we’d like you to follow. We get a lot of requests every week so if you follow these, chances are you’re going to move to the top of the line.
Before You Start
Take a look at the site, read a few posts, and get a feel of what we write about and who our readers are. We cover topics mostly relating to Tech, Automobiles, sports and fitness and real-life stories. And we always try to include practical advice, real-life examples, and helpful information in the posts.
So if your post falls into these categories, you’re on the right track.
- Your article must be 500+ words and offer something valuable to our readers.
- You can have a maximum of 2 self-serving links (one to your site/ blog and the other to any social media channel) in the author bio. You are free to link to other quality resources to add value to the article. But please refrain from excessive linking. In general, it’s best to keep the link count around 5.
- Outgoing links must be relevant to our blog. For examples linking to dating sites, SEO agencies, Credit related sites etc. aren’t allowed.
- Add subheadings, bullet points, paragraphs to make the article more readable. Subheadings should be h3 tags.
- We reserve the right to do minor edits to your article.
- Once published on our blog you cannot publish it anywhere else, including your own blog.
- You can send your submissions as a word document or HTML file.
- Images and videos are encouraged, they make the article look nice and grabs the readers attention.
- Images width should be 580 pixels or less. Please send them as a separate attachment.
- Make sure not to violate copyright when using images. Give credit when needed.
- If you’re including technical diagrams like flowcharts, Gantt charts use ones found in our diagram community.
- Check our blog publishing checklist for more detailed information.
- You can send the article directly to email@example.com or send your topic ideas to see if it matches our blog.
The page is a bit long and requirements a bit stiff, but we feel it’s necessary to reduce spam submissions. Looking forward to some great articles.